- Graduated from California State University, Hayward, in 1977 with a BA in Political Science.
- Received his JD degree from Santa Clara University School of Law in 1980.
- Admitted to the California State Bar in 1980.
- Certified as a Workers' Compensation Specialist by the Board of Legal Certification of the State Bar of California since 1988.
- Has practiced in San Jose since 1980, representing disabled working men and women who have sustained industrial injuries or disabilities.
- Frequent lecturer, particularly on the topic of recent case law developments, at educational Workers' Compensation programs sponsored by CAAA, various defense organizations, and the California State Bar.
Mr. Capurro is certified as a Workers' Compensation Specialist by the Board of Legal Certification of the State Bar of California since 1988. This certification is recognizable by the profession and the general public as an indication of a continuing effort toward excellence in the specified field of law.
Mr. Capurro is a proud active member of CAAA. He is currently on the Executive Board in the capacity of Secretary; will assume the role of CAAA President in 2019; and is Co-Chair of the CAAA Amicus Curiae Committee since 1994, having argued appeal cases before the California Supreme Court.
Mr. Capurro was also presented with the Victor Beauzay Award by the Santa Clara County Chapter of the California Applicants' Attorney Association for a lifetime of distinguished service in the Workers' Compensation community in December 2016
Mr. Capurro was selected by the State Bar of California’s Workers' Compensation Executive Committee to receive the Workers' Compensation Applicant Attorney of the Year Award in September 2016.
In the picture to the right, long-time friend and colleague William Herreras, Esq. presents Joe with the 2016 Workers’ Compensation Applicant Attorney of the Year Award.
Mr. Capurro is peer-rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying having reached the heights of professional excellence, recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
Mr. Capurro is a member of the the Santa Clara County Bar Association, the Bar Association of San Francisco, the Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group, and the American Association for Justice.